Suze Morrison's Bramley Inspired Orange & Lavender Molten Chocolate Fondants
February 01, 2022
What better way to show you care, than a piping hot fondant, kissed with the sweet scent of Orange & Lavender, that first cut yielding bitter chocolate lava onto your plate?
Inspired by our exclusive Valentine's collaboration with Caroline Gardner, our foodie friend Suze Morrison has created a delicious recipe of Orange & Lavender Molten Chocolate Fondants.
Suze is an amazingly talented development Chef and food obsessive from Dorset. She truly believes that food nourishes the mind, body and soul - unifying us all together. To see more of her work, make sure you follow @gourmetglow
Orange & Lavender Molten Chocolate Fondants
Easy to prepare and even easier to eat.
1 Unwaxed Orange, zest
¼ tsp Culinary Lavender Buds, crushed in a spice Grinder
25g Plain Flour
20g Cocoa Powder, plus extra to dust
Small Pinch Salt
100g Dark Chocolate (70% or above), melted
110g Unsalted Butter
100g Icing Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
Extra Orange Zest & Whipped Cream to serve
- Prepare your moulds. Generously butter 4 Dariole Moulds or Ramekins and dust with cocoa powder, set aside in the fridge to chill.
- Mix the crushed lavender with the flour, cocoa and salt and set aside.
- Add the butter and icing sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, yolks and zest and beat again, the mixture will split but this is fine, the heat of the chocolate will bring it back together.
- Add the melted chocolate and gently mix until homogenous with no streaks.
- Add the flour mixture and stir through, be careful not to overmix.
- Divide the batter between your 4 moulds, filling ¾ way to the top. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and pop into the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- When set, preheat oven 180C fan. Bake the fondants for 10-12 minutes or until the top looks dry but has not cracked.
- Allow the fondants to sit for exactly 60 seconds before inverting onto a plate.
- Garnish with cream and orange zest and serve straight away.
Join the Bramley family
Join the Bramley family and receive 10% off your first order, exciting new children’s products and fun activities delivered to your inbox.