Suze Morrison's Bramley Inspired Christmas Tree Pavlova & Festive Garland
November 19, 2021
Inspired by our Limited Edition Richard Pomeroy X Bramley Winter Candle, our foodie friend Suze Morrison has created the most delicious recipe for a Sweet Orange & Cinnamon Christmas Tree Pavlova for you to recreate at home. She is also kicking off the festive season by showing us how to make a beautifully simple and sustainable Fragrant Christmas Garland.
Suze is an amazingly talented development Chef and food obsessive from Dorset. She truly believes that food nourishes the mind, body and soul - unifying us all together. To see more of her work, make sure you follow @gourmetglow
Sweet Orange & Cinnamon Christmas Tree Pavlova
Pavlova, the ubiquitous Summer Treat, but why confine something so decadent to one season? Kissed with Sweet Orange & Cinnamon, this sings of the Holiday Season. Take time with loved ones this year to craft this beautiful Tree, the centre piece of any festive table. Inspired by the divine scent of Bramley Products Sweet Cinnamon & Orange Candle, it’s the scent of Christmas.
But the best bit? Smashing through those crisp layers to reveal the pillows of Honey Rum Cream within…
120g Egg White
200g Caster Sugar
½ Orange, zest
1 tsp Cinnamon
Small Pinch salt
Honey Rum Cream:
300ml Double Cream
1 tbsp Honey
½ tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Dark Rum
3 tbsp Orange Curd
100g Shaved White Chocolate (plus extra melted for decoration)
Orange, Berries, Bay, Rosemary & Cinnamon to Decorate
Icing Sugar to dust
- Begin with the meringue. Preheat oven 100C and line two large baking sheets with non-stick paper.
- Combine the eggs, sugar and salt in a heatproof bowl that fits onto a stand mixer. Bring a pan of water to a simmer and pop the bowl on top.
- Whisking constantly, mix until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture feels warm to the touch, a thermometer will read 80C.
- Remove from the heat, dry the base of the bowl and pop onto the mixer. Beat on medium high speed for 5-6 minutes or until you have a thick, glossy meringue.
- Add the orange zest and cinnamon and gently mix through.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe discs with swirled outcrops to resemble branches of a tree. The discs should get progressively smaller in diameter as these will be stacked to create your tree shape.
- Finish with one star piped for the top.
- Bake in the oven for 3-4 hours or until dry. Turn off the oven, leave the door closed and cool for a further 3 hours. Transfer to an airtight box until needed (these can be made 3 days in advance)
- When ready, combine the honey, vanilla and rum in a bowl and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until it begins to thicken, slowly drizzle in the honey rum mixture and beat until you have soft to medium peaks.
- Take the base of the tree and mound some cream on top, pop 1 tbsp orange curd and some white chocolate shavings on top, then add the next layer of meringue.
- Continue layering until you complete the tree.
- Use melted white chocolate to stick on your fruits and leaves before dusting with icing sugar and presenting at the table.
Make Your Own Fragrant Christmas Garland
The Holidays are times to spend with those you love. Encased in the warm glow of the kitchen, surrounded by the aroma of Sweet Orange & Cinnamon, nothing brings more joy than watching the windows run as the chill of the outdoors fails to penetrate.
These Garlands, inspired by the Sweet Orange & Cinnamon notes of Bramley Products Festive Candle, couldn’t be simpler to make, but return joy in abundance. Perfect for a cold Winter’s Day Indoors
6-7 Oranges, thinly sliced
Bay Leaves (Ideally fresh as they will dry on the garland)
Bodkin/ Darning Needle
- Preheat Oven to its lowest temperature and place wire racks inside.
- Lay the orange slices, spaced apart onto the wire racks and pop into the oven for 4-5 hours or until completely dry. It is important to check that the flesh is totally crisp to prevent them going mouldy.
- Thread the needle with the twine and push through the orange slices. Add Cinnamon Sticks and Spices by creating a loop and knotting around the pieces to attach. Create a haphazard pattern of fruits, leaves and spices, securing each end with a knot when complete.
- Hang around the house for a natural, scented festive adornment. They make beautiful centre pieces one table too, especially with the Bramley Products festive Candle.
November 19, 2021
Join the Bramley family
Join the Bramley family and receive 10% off your first order, exciting new children’s products and fun activities delivered to your inbox.